Most of us today agree about the popularity of the blogs. However, only a handful of us are really present to the impact blogging or bloggers have already made to our world - professional and social!
Today, blogging is no more a hype; it has gone mainstream.I was amazed to see the blogging statistics (mention below) at Blog World Expo's site and I could not stop myself sharing them with you.
- Over 12 million American adults currently maintain a
- More than 147 million Americans use the Internet.
- Over 57 million Americns read blogs.
- 1.7 million American adults list making money as one of the reasons they blog.
- 89% of companies surveyed say they think blogs will be more important in the next five years.
- 9% of internet users say they have created blogs .
- 6% of the entire US adult population has created a blog .
- Technorati is currently tracking over 70 million blogs .
- over 120 thousand blogs are created every day .
- There are over 1.4 million new blog posts every day .
- 22 of the 100 most popular websites in the world are blogs .
- 120,000 new blogs are created every day .
- 37% of blog readers began reading blogs in 2005 or 2006 .
- 51% of blog readers shop online .
- Blog readers average 23 hours online each week .
Amazed? I am sure! So, keep blogging unless you want to be left behind.